Edel Meade: Brigids and Patricias
Edel Meade: Brigids and PatriciasBook Now
Edel Meade is from Clonmel, Co Tipperary and has an extraordinary collection of original songs to share with Belltable audiences. They all reflect on what it means to be a woman living in 21st century Ireland, shaped by Irish history, folklore and contemporary society. Edel has a myriad of styles from jazz to folk to contemporary music but all with an original feel. Her standout tracks include ‘Song For Bridget Cleary’ and ‘Long Way To Go’. Her voice has been described as mesmerising, while her music is haunting and very powerful.
“I wanted to explore what it means to be an Irish woman in order to understand who I am as an artist. I felt I needed to look at historic events as well as contemporary social issues, and of course, I believe it’s an artist’s duty to reflect the times.” EDEL MEADE
Click here to check out the latest news from Lime Tree Theatre | Belltable.
- Please note all ticket prices include a booking charge.
- Seating is allocated for this event.
- Patrons are required to present proof of vaccination against Covid-19, along with photo ID, on entry to this event.
- Wearing of mask/face covering is compulsory while in the auditorium.
- No exchanges or refunds.
- Wheelchair spaces can only be booked over the phone. Please call box office on (061) 953400 if you wish to book a wheelchair space.
- On street parking.