An audition can be applied for by completing the audition webform.
IMPORTANT AUDITION INFORMATION:
- All auditionees must be in a position to commit to the rehearsal and production schedule in full.
- Please attend for audition appropriately dressed in suitable clothing and footwear.
- The audition will consist of a group dance workshop, followed by a brief individual dialogue and singing audition with the production team members (Director, Music Director, Choreographer).
- Script will be provided on the day for auditionees.
- All auditionees are required to prepare a song from a Disney musical or film. Any song! You must identify the song on your audition form.
- You must bring a printed copy of the sheet music (in the correct key) with you to the audition. It should be taped with pages parallel to each other in order to allow the pianist to easily play the music. If you don’t understand what this means or you don’t have access to a printer, or to sheet music, please get in touch with us by emailing LTTpanto@limetreetheatre.ie.
The Lime Tree Theatre wishes to cast a dynamic company of actors, dancers and singers in the performance ensemble for our first professional pantomime. This year’s panto is Jack and the Beanstalk, written by Mike Finn and directed by Michael Finneran. Noël Lennon is the music director, Pamela McGlynn is the choreographer and Sarah Lynch is the producer for the production.
Jack and the Beanstalk will run for 32 performances in December 2022 and January 2023 in the Lime Tree Theatre. Rehearsals for the ensemble will commence in October 2022. The rehearsal schedule for ensemble members will be designed to accommodate other (family, college, work) commitments but potential auditionees should plan for a period of intense rehearsal, which will include daytime calls, from mid-November onwards. The ensemble members will be expected to be available for all performances.
Successful ensemble members will be treated within the company as emergent professionals with a contract and financial recognition. Their experience in the pantomime is a formative training opportunity working within a well-run professional company of experienced practitioners. It will provide valuable stage time and experience in stage craft for a group of young professionals who wish to carve out a career in the arts.
This group of young performers of all genders and backgrounds will be recruited through an open audition process taking place on 3rd October 2022 in the Lime Tree Theatre (V94 4D85). The majority of the members of the ensemble will be utilised in dancing and singing roles but some actors (all genders) will also be cast for dialogue parts. Auditionees must be between the ages of 18-30 years of age at the time of audition with some background and interest in the performing arts. No previous experience of formal stage performance or pantomime is necessary. We encourage auditionees of all physical abilities, ethnic backgrounds, genders and sexualities.
If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of the ensemble or audition process, please email the team on email@example.com.